Did you mean: 
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

Xilinx ML310 EDK Base Design Problem

Hi All,

I am having a problem with the Xilinx ML310 EDK Base Design:

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml310/current/#base

I am using ISE/EDK 9.1i 32 bit on Linux. I've gone through the tutorial and produced the bitstream, downloaded it to the board, but I do not see the specified output on the serial port. 

I know the serial port is working because I see the ML310 Diagnostics / ACE-loader / ACE CD Configuration comes up on the serial port on powerup. 

I have chosen to load the Memory Test App into the BRAM and the bitstream loads successfully, I just do not get anything on the serial port. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

V

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gconstantine
Visitor
Visitor

Not so sure, but worth the check:

Are you sure the bitstream is loaded successfully? Have you tried generating a bitstream with bootloop (instead of a specific program), loading it, then using XMD to load the elf so you can see what is going on?

You should also be able to simulate the platform, although I suspect judging by the speed of the UART relative to the CPU you may or may not see data there. You should be able to see it upto the device's buffer though.

0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

Update: I'm seeing this warning when following the base demo:

"/home/v/vs_base_design/base_system_2.mhs Line 174 - No driver found for instance opb. To avoid seeing this warning, assign the appropriate driver or driver "generic 1.00.a" to instance opb

Why is this happening, could this explain my problem, and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

V

0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

Update 2: I tried to build the ML310 base demo project again in EDK/XPS 9.1i, I did everything exactly as I did before (I even tried this 3 times in a row just now, each time with a new project just to make sure) and now I am getting the following error in XPS during bitstream generation:

"Applying constraints in "system1.ucf" to the design...

ERROR:NgdBuild:756 - "system1.ucf" Line 272: Could not find net(s)

'SysACE_CompactFlash_SysACE_CLK' in the design. To supress this error

specify the correct net name or remove constraint.

..."

and other similar errors with 'could not find instances' referring to:

bufgp_115/BUFG

system dcm/system_dcm/CLK0_BUFG_INST

system dcm/system_dcm/CLK90_BUFG_INST

system dcm/system_dcm/CLK180_BUFG_INST

system dcm/system_dcm/CLK270_BUFG_INST

ddr_dcm/ddr_dcm/CLK90_BUFG_INST

ddr_dcm/ddr_dcm/CLK270_BUFG_INST

ddr_dcm/ddr_dcm/CLK0_BUFG_INST

ddr_dcm/ddr_dcm/DCM_INST

ddr_dcm/system_dcm/DCM_INST

Again, I am following the instructions to the letter. I have searched the Answer Records and I cannot find anything referring to this problem. Any ideas? This is becoming very frustrating. :)

Thanks,

V

0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

gconstantine- thanks for the suggestion. No, I'm not sure the bitstream downloaded properly, as I'm reading that the "DONE" statement in the console does not mean all is well. Also, when I launch XMD, it displays some text and then the window closes- do you know where the logfile for this is located? The window closes too fast for me to read the text. 

0 Kudos
wide_road
Visitor
Visitor

how to simulate the platform , what tools to use?
is the modelsim or other?
I have create a project referencing a tutoral , and I don't have boards now, so I want to simulat before donwload the board
0 Kudos
wide_road
Visitor
Visitor

hi , are you doing some project ? what aspects is it, communication , algorithm or some others?

0 Kudos
vmnrao
Visitor
Visitor

Hi wide_road,

Your questions appear unrelated to solving the problem I've posted about. Please send me a PM (private message) if you have unrelated questions.

Thanks,
V
0 Kudos