UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gabriellobao
Visitor

XtremeDSP Kit for Virtex-4 - CLOCK

Hi everyone!

I'm using a Nallatech Xtreme DSP Kit with a Virtex-4, and I need to feed the ADCs and the DCAs with the DIME clock_A, to achieve total clock control on ADCs/DACs.

But there is no ready to use precompiled bit file to the clock FPGA (like osc_clock_2v80.bit).

Does anybody knows how can I do it? How can I generate a bit file the drive the clock_A to the ADCs?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Historian
Historian

Re: XtremeDSP Kit for Virtex-4 - CLOCK

@gabriellobao wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm using a Nallatech Xtreme DSP Kit with a Virtex-4, and I need to feed the ADCs and the DCAs with the DIME clock_A, to achieve total clock control on ADCs/DACs.

But there is no ready to use precompiled bit file to the clock FPGA (like osc_clock_2v80.bit).

Does anybody knows how can I do it? How can I generate a bit file the drive the clock_A to the ADCs?

Without knowing anything about this board, I'll assume that it has an onboard clock source for the FPGA, and all you really need to do is to forward it out the correct pin to the ADC.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor gabriellobao
Visitor

Re: XtremeDSP Kit for Virtex-4 - CLOCK

Yes! That's the point!

I really just need to forward it out, but I have no access to the clock FPGA (it's a Spartan-II VC2V80) I didn't create a project to assign the correct pins, I just load the FPGA with a ready-to-use bit file that's provided by Xilinx.

If I could edit this code, sure I would assign the correct pins, but I can't.

That's my problem...

0 Kudos