UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer gianmarcoborri
Observer

ZC706 GTX SerDes

Jump to solution

Hello all, 

I have a ZC706 board (Zynq-7000 FPGA) and I'd like using Si5324 to generate a reference clock for a Quad 110 SerDes . 

[UG954 p. 40]

Quad 110:
° MGTREFCLK0 - FMC_HPC_GBTCLK1_M2C clock
° MGTREFCLK1 - SI5324_OUT_C_P/N jitter attenuator clock
° Contains 4 GTX transceivers allocated to FMC_HPC_DP[7:4]_C2M_P/N

In this block RXP/N and TXP/N pads are all connect to the FMC HPC and in my design I can'use other boards, so this SerDes Channel is not available...

...I forgot this and I constrained and connect RXP/N and TXP/N ports to ZC706 SMA, but it seems they belong to another SerDes Quad

Quad 111

° MGTREFCLK0 - FMC_LPC_GBTCLK0_M2C_C_P/N
° MGTREFCLK1 - SMA_MGT_REFCLK_P/N SMA GTX clock input
° Contains 1 GTX transceiver allocated to FMC_LPC_DP0_C2M_P/N
° Contains 1 GTX transceiver allocated to SMA_MGT_TX_P/N and RX_P/N SMA
connectors
° Contains 1 GTX transceiver allocated to SFP_TX and _RX_P/N SFP/SFP+ connector
° Contains 1 GTX transceiver

Surprisingly, my system works perfectly but it seems very strange. Is it possible that working SerDes belongs to Quad 111 instead Quad 110? I checked that in Quad111 there are no activated reference clocking sources. 

Anyone can help me to understand it?

Thanks in advice

Gianmarco Borri

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: ZC706 GTX SerDes

Jump to solution

Hi gianmarcoborri,

In the GTX structure, the Quad 111 can use the clock from Quad 110 as reference clock, but it need to make some settings in the design. The details can be found in the UG476,  Ch2 Reference Clock Selection and Distribution -->Reference Clock Selection and Distribution.

So you can double check if your design has selected the MGTREFCLK1 of Quad 111 as Quad110 ref clock.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

回复: ZC706 GTX SerDes

Jump to solution

Hi gianmarcoborri,

In the GTX structure, the Quad 111 can use the clock from Quad 110 as reference clock, but it need to make some settings in the design. The details can be found in the UG476,  Ch2 Reference Clock Selection and Distribution -->Reference Clock Selection and Distribution.

So you can double check if your design has selected the MGTREFCLK1 of Quad 111 as Quad110 ref clock.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Observer gianmarcoborri
Observer

ZC706 GTX SerDes

Jump to solution

Hi zhiq, 

thanks for this marvelous reply. You're right, I didn't read this in the GTX reference clock interconnection

Thanks again

Gianmarco Borri

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant nishantseth07
Participant

Re: ZC706 GTX SerDes

Jump to solution

HI Gianmarco Borri

I want to transmit my serial data using SMA GTX of zc706 board. I have gone through the link to use GTX port "https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc706/2014_4/xtp243-zc706-ibert-c-2014-4.pdf" But i am not able to find a solution where should i change the code to send my custom data. 

You are using the same platform for GTX. Please help me if you have any idea to transmit new custom data using SMA GTX.

0 Kudos