Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

ZCU102 FMC pins connected to ZC706 FMC pins

Jump to solution

I have one ZC706 board and one ZCU102 board.

I need to have bi-directinal connections between the two boards through HPC FMC connectors.

However, the ZC706 FMC connector pins are 2.5V, while ZCU102 FMC is 1.8V.

Is it safe to connect them directly between ZC706 FMC connector to ZCU102 FMC connector (not using LVDS signals)?

Or should I use level-shifters between them?

Thanks,

James Cao

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @caobin,

UG954 says in a note on page 81 that VADJ can be set to 1.8V and this should work for you.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc706/ug954-zc706-eval-board-xc7z045-ap-soc.pdf

Sincerely,

Courtney

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please don’t forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as a solution if you found this helpful!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @caobin,

UG954 says in a note on page 81 that VADJ can be set to 1.8V and this should work for you.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc706/ug954-zc706-eval-board-xc7z045-ap-soc.pdf

Sincerely,

Courtney

Please don’t forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as a solution if you found this helpful!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Hi Courtney,

Thanks for your reply.

I plan to purchase the TI adaptor, and then to modify the VADJ to 1.8V.

Best Regars,

James Cao

0 Kudos