UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor xuzhixiang
Visitor

ZCU102 Rev1.0 PCIEx8 singals in opposite direction

Hi, all

Recently, I'm working on ZCU102 evaluation board and will start a new design of XCZU7EV. I found that ZCU102 use a PCIEx8 socket, but only x4 mode is valid while all PCIE_TX/RX4-7 are NC.

However, the schematic symbol (P1 10061913-102CLF on Page 43) of PIN33A/B-PIN48A/B might be wrong. According PCIe  standard and other Xilinx PCIe evaluation board, and these PINs are in opposite direction. i.e. 33B_RSVD should be 33A_RSVD, while 33A_PETP4 should be 33B_PETP4 and so on. And the PCB design is based on this wrong symbol.

Unfortunately, even though we don't use PCIe_TX/RX4-7 pair, these signals of a X8 PCIe card will be tire to GND if I plug the card into the socket. It might cause some problem when powered on.

Is there any updated documents on ZCU102? Or does it fixed in new version?

Thanks and regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: ZCU102 Rev1.0 PCIEx8 singals in opposite direction

Hello @xuzhixiang,

which revision of document you are referring ?

for UG1182 of this board rev 1.3 has been released in month of august last year.

Please update your DOCNAV to find the latest documents.

Thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor xuzhixiang
Visitor

Re: ZCU102 Rev1.0 PCIEx8 singals in opposite direction

Hi, @kvasantr

Thanks for you reply.

I got schematic from XTP454, which version is HW-Z1-ZCU102_REV1_0, and Allegro PCB layout is XTP455, which version is HW-Z1-ZCU102_REV1-1 (updated on 050417).

I downloaded theses files directly from Xilinx website.

Thanks and regards,

0 Kudos