UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer takagiwa_mish
Observer

ZCU111 and XM500 differential analog input and GUI

Hello,

Could anybody tell me analog signal level for differential input on XM500 and ZCU111?

I believe these SMA ports were connected to ZU+ device directly.

DS926 (v1.5) Table 114 said Common mode voltage is 1.25V and Full-scale Input is 1Vpp.

PG269 (v2.1) Figure 8 and Figure 10 said VCM = 1.2V and Normal range is +/-0.25V.

UG1309 (v1.1) said "Connecting differential ports is also acceptable, however, a DC blocker is required on both the P and N connectors." on Loopback Test Example = I thought it said there are no common mode voltage. I could see common mode voltage on D/A differential output.

I tried these three kind of signal using non-MTS design and RF Data Converter Evaluation Tool.

But I got noise on all three signals (on GUI).

Best regards,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: ZCU111 and XM500 differential analog input and GUI

Hi takagiwa,

The XM500 connects to the FMC connector on the ZCU111.

The schematics for both are available here:

https://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/zcu111.html#documentation

Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Andres

0 Kudos
Observer takagiwa_mish
Observer

Re: ZCU111 and XM500 differential analog input and GUI

Hello Andres,

Thank you for your respeonse.

I believe I don't need to mind about XM500 when I think about static characteristics of differential analog I/O.

Now I'm confusing about signal level of ZU+ device because I found three different description.

Best regards,

Takagiwa

0 Kudos