Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

how to display application on the hyperterminale and the lcd screen

Hello;

I succeed to convert  the card xilinx  version ML505 to ML507 but i face some diffuclts:  when i try to open the hyperterminale i d'ont found any result .So i aske if you can tell me  a simple exemple such as 'hello ' in order to see instructions of displaying on  the hyperteminale first and  the lcd screen second.

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

The best place to start with any communication link is with a ‘loop back’ or simple ‘echo’ application.

In the case of a UART then a ‘loop back’ is just a direct connection from the receiver into to the transmitter output. So make a design that does that and check that anything you type on your keyboard appears on the screen. I have lost count of how many times I have got the ‘Tx’ and ‘Rx’ pin assignments round the wrong way let alone how many people have written to me having made the same mistake.

If that simple  ‘loop back’ does work then it’s time to start checking baud rates are correct. However, since any UART macros in your design are driven by a clock then you need to check that you are also connected to the right clock and it is the frequency you were expecting it to be too.

Ken Chapman
Principal Engineer, Xilinx UK
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

hello,

Thank you for your support , I think that  the problem is   in the uart -RS232 also i have some IPs added in the project ML505 so i asked if you can give me files .ucf and .mhs containing the IP:idct1d_gaut , yuv2rgb_gaut and  xps_tft  also files containing number of  pins and their location in the card ML507.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Instructor
Instructor

Please search the Xilinx website for ML505 or ML507.  This will lead you to the reference design files for both of these boards.

The search tool is in the top right corner of the browser window.

-- Bob Elkind

SIGNATURE:
README for newbies is here: http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/New-Users-Forum/README-first-Help-for-new-users/td-p/219369

Summary:
1. Read the manual or user guide. Have you read the manual? Can you find the manual?
2. Search the forums (and search the web) for similar topics.
3. Do not post the same question on multiple forums.
4. Do not post a new topic or question on someone else's thread, start a new thread!
5. Students: Copying code is not the same as learning to design.
6 "It does not work" is not a question which can be answered. Provide useful details (with webpage, datasheet links, please).
7. You are not charged extra fees for comments in your code.
8. I am not paid for forum posts. If I write a good post, then I have been good for nothing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

For more info on ML507 reference designs: http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards/ml507/reference_designs.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos