UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie jason1937

replace BPI parallel NOR flash memory device for VC707 board

I have an old VC707(virtex7 device) board.The BPI parallel NOR flash memory (Micron: PC28F00AG18FE/MT28GU01GAAA1EGC)on it is  suspected damaged.I want to find one to replace it.

But after I  lookup the online eletronic component distributor.I found none of them sell it,all the  websites display 'EOL' of it.

I want to know :

1、where I can buy it?

2、If I can't bug it,which alternative device I can use without change original factory code for  VC707. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: replace BPI parallel NOR flash memory device for VC707 board

Hi jason1937,

It is not recommended to make changes in Xilinx evaluation board platform.

May I know how you are concluding that flash on your board is damaged?

If you intend to design custom board for Virtex 7 FPGA  and looking for compatible BPI Flash then you can check for ug908-vivado-programming-debugging.pdf (Appendix C) for Xilinx supported flash and also check forum link  https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Configuration/Replacement-Parallel-NOR-flash-for-7-series/td-p/823360

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
0 Kudos
Newbie jason1937

Hi,Bhushan

I' m appreciate hearing from you reply.After browsering the  UG908,I found many chips's package is not compatible with MT28GU01GAAA1EGC.

My conclusion about the flash's death is from Vivado.Once upon a time,When I use Vivado to burn the factory binary software.It's failed.But now I have  forgotten the error message. 

I 'd like to hear about your method to judge the flash chip is good or bad.

jason1937

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi jason1937,

For VC707 board you can follow debugging steps provided at https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/51233.html

With this debugging steps you can verify your flash is working or not.

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

0 Kudos