cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

some question about zcu111 when follow the xtp518

I have bought the ZCU111 and follow the instruction XTP518, but I can not find the port information which is shown in page 13. Could you please provide a detailed help?

xtp518-1.png

2 Replies
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Did you ever get help @jerry.sky ?

Mike
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @jerry.sky ,

Have you tried following the BIT example design test/steps and see if you can detect the ports as instructed?

I’ve tested this at my end (windows 10 PC) and have noticed that if you don’t have your ZCU111 board connected to the laptop, then the you’d see this:

C:\zcu111_bit\tests\ZCU111>set_ports.bat

C:\zcu111_bit\tests\ZCU111>echo off
        1 file(s) copied.
COM
COM
COM
Press any key to continue . . .

However, the minute you plug in your board into the machine (win10 in my case), if you open your Device Manager, you’d see these 3 COMs:

image.png

If you then run set_ports.bat you’d see this:

image.png

Based on the ZCU111_XTP511, the users must run set_ports.bat to set up the COM ports in the defaults.json file to match the COM ports as enumerated on your PC:

image.png

So, if you then open your defaults.json file, you’ll notice that the COM ports are now changed to match your machines ports.

From the above, COM Port B is my machine’s COM5, COM Port C – COM6 and COM Port D – COM7

You can navigate to C:\CUstomers_tests\zcu111_bit and from here run ‘zcu111_list_ports.bat’ and this will show you the following:

image.png

Anyhow, the next step from the XTP511 is for you to manually Edit the System Controller Programming BAT file to match the COM B Port number (COM5 in my case):image.png
E.g.:

image.png

Once done and saved, you can then run BIT.exe

Please give this a try and let me know if you still seeing any issues.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------