cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

xps_ll_temac on Spartan 3E starter kit

Does anybody have a reference design that uses the "xps_ll_temac" on a Spartan 3E starter kit (500K model)? 

I'm fumbling around a bit, trying to use the 3A reference design as a model, but am not having too much success.  Basically, I'm trying to build a simple "echo server" example using the "xps_ll_temac" core instead of the default "xps_ethernet_lite" core taht the BSB wants to use for this board.  (EDK Version 11.3, BTW, if that matters)

I've created a new BSB project, removed the built-in "xps_ethernet_lite" stuff;  then manually added the "xps_ll_temac" and "xps_ll_fifo" cores.  I manually connected all the ports as best as I could; It all builds and compiles, and makes it to the SDK ok.  The "echo server" standalone example compiles and downloads OK.  It just doesn't work  - (the S3E board won't even answer a "ping").  I suspect that I probably have some error in the clock configuration setups, but I'm not sure where to look. 

So before I fumble for an extended period of time, does anyone know if the basic (non-1600) S3E starter kit  will actually work with the "xps_ll_temac"? And if it does, can anyone shed some light on the correct configration parameters to use?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Just in case anyone is following this thread (or cares):

It's still not working, but I'm getting a bit farther along.  Now, when I run the echoserver example (lwIP 1.3.0 b), I get the following messages:

"Temac error interrupt: Rx packet rejected" 

"Temac error interrupt: Rx fifo over run"

... over and over again...

with an occaisional:

"tcp_slowtmr: no active pcbs"

Looking at packets with Wireshark, I see that the ARP requests (from PC to board) are never getting answered by the S3E board.  Any clues?

Thanks again for any pointers to how to resolve this...

0 Kudos