cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Aurora 64B/66B Channel Up not working

Hello, I'm using a custom board with the Aurora IP. When I put the Aurora IP in Normal Loopback [000] mode I'm able to get Lane up but not Channel Up. What could be the problem?  When put the IP in Near-end PCS I get Lane UP and Channel UP.  I'm running in Duplex Mode. I also notice that the gt_pll_lock is going low periodically but in Near-end PCS loopback then gt_pll_lock is always high.

Can anyone give me some help please.

Thank you
Joe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
guozhenp
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

When in Normal mode, do you interconnect 2 Aurora IP cores? Or connect the Aurora TX/RXDATA outside?

Anyhow, what's the link partner in the case?

joe306
Scholar
Scholar

Hello, thank you very much for responding to my post. I've connected the fiber cable from the tx port to the rx port on the fast fiber, simple loopback. Only using one board and one Aurora IP. The Fast Fiber does have an I2C link and when I read the register that has the LOS (Loss of Signal) bit, it is always high indicating that the rx port is not getting anything from the tx port. So, I believe I have a problem with the Fast Fiber transceiver. I will try another board and see if I get the same results.

Thank you very much,
Joe
0 Kudos