cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Aurora 64b/66b far end loopback

I am trying to validate the datapath (backplane signals) between two CCAs using Aurora 64b/66b IP modules (the part is a XCZU7EV). The local PMA loopback works fine, but when I attempt to use a far-end loopback I am getting errors. I notice in UG576 (table 2-25) that the GTH requires a GTTXRESET assertion after entering far-end PMA loopback. Is this auto-magically done by the Aurora block when the loopback control inputs are changed? Do I need to bring the transceiver debug signals out and do something manually? (I don't see a control signal for GTTXRESET when I do that)

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Re: Aurora 64b/66b far end loopback

Hi,

Up to now I can not give you an answer but I'm trying to do a loopback test in the same way. We have two PCBs connected via fiber cables using Aurora 64/66b Cores. I changed the loopback mode to Far End PCS on one side but get no laneup. Data transfer works fine without loopback mode. But never the less we want to implement some test procedures for our electronic.

Maybe it's important to run the init/reset sequence at Aurora IP Core when changed loopback mode on the other side.I will give it a try.

Best regards

Torsten

0 Kudos