cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hgraves777
Observer
Observer

Aurora 64b/66b works with optical loopback but not board to board

I am trying to establish an Aurora interface between to boards.  I have two identical HTG-830 boards with SFP+ FMC boards on them.  I have set up the Aurora IP the same on both boards..

Capture.PNG

Both boards work with an optical loopback cable.  However, when I connect the boards together with an optical cable, I do not get a LANE-UP or CHANNEL_UP.  I have tried different cables, different FMC boards, single SFP's, QSFPs... always the same.  Any ideas what the problem could be or where to start looking.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Using QSFP ?

pins swapped ?

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
hgraves777
Observer
Observer

I don't think so.  I also tried two FMC boards with a single SFP+ transceivers that I have used in the past with an Aurora 8b/10b design on a VC709 and it had the same behavior.

0 Kudos
hgraves777
Observer
Observer

*** UPDATE ***

I replaced the 64b/66b IP with the 8b/10b version and it works fine.  So I am pretty sure my FMC boards are operational.

drjohnsmith
Teacher
Teacher

Interesting

I have "memory" of there being a minimum data rate that the 64/66 worked at, below that the recommendation was to use 8/10,

but I can't find the reference.

Have you trawled through the answer records for the core,

<== If this was helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question ==>
0 Kudos
venkata

Can you try setting the equalization mode to LPM in the GUI with Aurora 64B66B?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, give kudo and accept as solution
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
mik3l3_hdl
Participant
Participant

Hi,

which FMC boards are your using?  the model FM-S14?

In an case your FMC board should have on the top some switches.  Those switches are meant to select the proper reference clock generated by the FMC  board.

You have to check that this clock has the same values of the "GT Refclk (MHz)" of your Aurora  IP core. In this condition the SFP communication should start working.

Hope this helps

Mike

0 Kudos