Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

License error prevents creating project

Jump to solution

I am unable to generate a project because of a licensing issue.

WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-2162] IP 'mipi_csi2_rx_subsyst_0_0' is locked:
* IP 'mipi_csi2_rx_subsyst_0_0' requires one or more mandatory licenses but no valid licenses were found. However license checkpoints may prevent use of this IP in some tool flows.
Please select 'Report IP Status' from the 'Tools/Report' menu or run Tcl command 'report_ip_status' for more information.
ERROR: [BD 41-542] Parameter cannot be set on a locked block. The block 'mipi_csi2_rx_subsyst_0' is locked, because: * IP 'mipi_csi2_rx_subsyst_0_0' requires one or more mandatory licenses but no valid licenses were found. However license checkpoints may prevent use of this IP in some tool flows.
Please select 'Report IP Status' from the 'Tools/Report' menu or run Tcl command 'report_ip_status' for more information. 

I have a valid license for the above IP in the License Manager (see attached).

2020-02-10-102451_531x61_scrot.png
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I was using a USB-C Ethernet adapter for a long time and then stopped relatively recently in favor of Wi-Fi. The license was tied to the MAC address of the adapter. Fortunately, I noticed the MAC address listed in the License Manager no longer matched what was reported in in License Manager for the host. The error messages were not helpful. It would be really helpful to have some sort of explicit warning or notificiation when the host ID doesn't match the license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

The error would be creating a project with a missing license!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

@satguyif you don't have a helpful contribution please do not contribute. Other people may see that the thread received a reply and not look at it.

The Xilinx License Manager lists licenses for the aforementioned IP. The warning/error message suggests running report_ip_status, but that seems to require a project. A bit of a chicken and the egg problem.

I have a license file in ~/.Xilinx/*.lic, which was successfully installed through the License Manager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

My hopefully helpful contribution is that your problem is that of a missing license, not any error.

A correct problem statement is essential to understand the problem and being able to help.

By the way, this post shouldn't be in "IP catalog" category, there is one for Licensing problems.

does that help or you prefer me saying nothing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer
Observer

I was using a USB-C Ethernet adapter for a long time and then stopped relatively recently in favor of Wi-Fi. The license was tied to the MAC address of the adapter. Fortunately, I noticed the MAC address listed in the License Manager no longer matched what was reported in in License Manager for the host. The error messages were not helpful. It would be really helpful to have some sort of explicit warning or notificiation when the host ID doesn't match the license.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos