cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arung

Sending udp data over ethernet through aurora without using microblaze processor and DDR memory in Vivado

Hi Sir,

Could you please let me know that how to send the UDP data over ethernet from one board to other board through aurora interface(aurora connection is through back plane) without using Microblaze processor and DDR memory using vivado.

Thanks&Regards,

Arun

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rkhatri

Hi @arung,

Aurora IP does not depend of what data you are transmitting? It treats data as raw.

Thanks,
Rahul Khatri
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Kudo or Accept as a solution, If this Post helped you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
dpaul24
Scholar
Scholar

@arung ,

Sending UDP frames from Board1  --> Board2. No you do not need a uB or a DDR. Since these are not present you have to write some HDL code for the packet generator.

No there is no existing tutorial for this. Aurora cores are normally not used for handling Ethernet data. Ethernet PHYs are almost always used.

Try this, implementing step by step: UDP Ethernet packet generator --> TEMAC IP core --> aurora => physical cable => aurora --> TEMAC IP core

It would be fun if you get such a design up and running.

------------FPGA enthusiast------------
Consider giving "Kudos" if you like my answer. Please mark my post "Accept as solution" if my answer has solved your problem
Asking for solutions to problems via PM will be ignored.

0 Kudos
richardhead
Scholar
Scholar

UDP over ethernet will need the data wrapping up in IP and Ethernet headers also. Not hard to do but you'll have to make sure you get all the header fields correct.

0 Kudos