Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avaarahoon
Contributor
Contributor

xorif-app commands failed

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have implemented the example system of ORAN Radio IF IP Core on ZCU102. When I have tried xorif-app commands in client mode, I have encountered such errors.

XORIF-APP> ERROR: Socket connection failed
init   => status = -49

Briefly, I was not able to run xorif-app.

Can someone tell me how I can run it?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avaarahoon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying @xud,

I have just realized that there is a Vivado design script in the folder I have cloned from GitHub (wireless-xorif). While creating the design example, I had run block automation after adding ORAN IP Core. The problem is solved but I still do not know the difference between Vivado designs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
xud
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@avaarahoon 

can you provide detailed steps on what you've done and your board setup? I will try to reproduce the problem at my end.

0 Kudos
avaarahoon
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying @xud,

I have just realized that there is a Vivado design script in the folder I have cloned from GitHub (wireless-xorif). While creating the design example, I had run block automation after adding ORAN IP Core. The problem is solved but I still do not know the difference between Vivado designs.

View solution in original post

xud
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@avaarahoon 

The xorif-app is associated to the design generated by block automation, it generates a basic system level simulation example, which includes 10G/25G Ethernet IP, DMA infrastructure, and block supporting the IEEE 1588 PTP implementation.

What was the other way for you to generate example initially? If you use Open IP example, it only generates very simple example, which only has O-RAN IP. As it doesn't have Ethernet IP, it may fail.

As the issue is resolved, can you close this thread by using Accept solution please?

0 Kudos
avaarahoon
Contributor
Contributor

@xud 

After adding ORAN IP, I clicked 'Run Block Automation'. I also have IPs and blocks you have mentioned.Screenshot from 2020-08-18 13-40-11.png

0 Kudos