UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Zynq DMA address

Highlighted
Visitor

Zynq DMA address

Hi, I have a basic question with respect to the DMA that I would like to clarify. I use the DMA (with Memory Map Data Width = 32) in interrupt mode to write to or read from the DDR. Each time an interrupt appears (for writing, for instance), I clear the interrupt and execute the following code:

global_frame_counter++;
StartDMATransfer (DDR_BASE_ADDR + X * global_frame_counter, 256);

being DDR_BASE_ADDR = PAR_PS7_DDR_0_S_AXI_BASEADDR = 0x00100000. The first parameter in the call function "StartDMATransfer" is the destination address and the second one the length. I'm not sure which value should have X in the address in order to write the data in the DDR sequentially and without loss of information.

Observer

Re: Zynq DMA address

after one complete dma transfer, the address of your pointer should point to the next free address in the ddr.

so X is the length of the packet.

But be aware of adding +packet_size to your pointer: if you have a u32-pointer, the address will increase by 4 byte, when adding +1 to the pointer.

in this case, X is (packet_size) / (sizeof(u32)) //or u8, if your ptr is u8...