UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant bwolfe
Participant

Problems with webpack license for ZC702 dev kit

I created a webpack license for use with Vivado 2013.2, along with a couple evaluation licenses and free licenses for image processing, resulting in four license files in the .Xilinx directory. When I run synthesis, implementation, and bitstream generation, the console log shows messages such as

INFO: [Common 17-78] Attempting to get a license: Implementation
WARNING: [Common 17-301] Failed to get a license: Implementation
WARNING: [Vivado 15-19] WARNING: No 'Implementation' license found. This message may be safely ignored if a Vivado WebPACK or device-locked license, common for board kits, will be used during implementation.

INFO: [Common 17-78] Attempting to get a license: Synthesis
WARNING: [Common 17-301] Failed to get a license: Synthesis

INFO: [Common 17-78] Attempting to get a license: Internal_bitstream
WARNING: [Common 17-301] Failed to get a license: Internal_bitstream

This gives a mixed message as to whether I have sufficient license to continue, but the build process continues and I eventually see a message saying that the bitstream has been generated, i.e.,

Creating bitstream...
Writing bitstream ./design_1_wrapper.bit...
INFO: [Vivado 12-1842] Bitgen Completed Successfully.
write_bitstream: Time (s): cpu = 00:01:14 ; elapsed = 00:01:09 . Memory (MB): peak = 1388.797 ; gain = 378.340

However, when I try to export the hardware to SDK, "include bitstream" is ghosted and I am unable to export.

It isn't clear what the webpack enables. Can somebody explain what's going on here and what is needed to get a bitstream that I can export?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problems with webpack license for ZC702 dev kit

Hi,

You can safely ignore these warnings as the message indicates.

You are getting these warnings since you are using WEBPACK license.

Can you attach the sanpshot of the error that was poping up when you are trying to export hardware?

Also attach Xinfo file

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos
Participant bwolfe
Participant

The error I get is a popup that says "ERROR: [Common 17-39] 'export_hardware' failed due to earlier errors." Not very informative. The implementation stage of processing shows 1 critical warning "did not meet timing requirements" but that shouldn't have prevented a bitstream creation. In fact, there is a bitstream file (design_1_wrapper.bit) in the hardware/vivado/project/my_project.runs path with a timestamp that says it was created with my last build.

Capture.JPG
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

You may want to look at the Message tab in Vivado GUI to see if there're any ealier errors in running export hardware.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant bwolfe
Participant

Aha, and there is the culprit. In the Vivado Commands section of the Message tab, there's a message that points to the problem

• [BD 41-435] Failed to run "export_hardware" for "design_1". This diagram is not currently open. "export_hardware" works only for active block diagrams.

It doesn't make sense to me that the block design must be open to export hardware. This seems like a bug to me unless there's some logical reason for why the IP integrator panel has to be visible to export hardware.

Thanks for the help, but if you could explain the logic for this, I'd appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Participant bwolfe
Participant

On further inspection, the export hardware process still doesn't work. I no longer get the error mentioned previously, but the "include bitstream" selection on the "Export Hardware for SDK" popup is ghosted. The files that are exported are the design_1.xml file and all the ps7_init files in the hw directory, but nothing else.

Could this be a licensing problem? An IP status report shows all the modules are "up-to-date" with all the licenses being either "included", "purchased", or "hardware_evaluation"

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

If it made sense then it would no longer be a Xilinx tool.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

This is NOT a licensing problem.

Look at the message tab for the information on new error message. 

Also post it here to provide you a solution for the error message.

Thanks,

Vinay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you tried typing your question in Google? If not you should before posting. Also, MARK this is as an answer in case it helped resolve your query/issue.Give kudos to the post that helped you to find the solution.
0 Kudos