UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor pratnala
Visitor

64-bit Project Navigator crash

Hi

I recently installed Xilinx ISE WebPack for a course in my institute. When I open the 64-bit project navigator, go to New Project and click on the 3 dots next to Location, it crashes. Can someone help?

xilinx.png
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: 64-bit Project Navigator crash

Hi,

Could you provide me the following info:

1) Which Operating system you are using?

2) http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/40744.htm Check these related crash articles of project navigator..

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos
Visitor pratnala
Visitor

I'm on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

0 Kudos
Visitor pratnala
Visitor

And that link doesn't help
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

The Windows-8 is not a supported OS for Xilinx tools. Refer to page-30 of http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx14_2/irn.pdf for list of supported OS.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Visitor pratnala
Visitor

When is it expected? Will Xilinx work reliably with a Windows 7 VM?

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,

Yes, you can use it on Windows-7 professional OS.

The support for windows-8 OS is on road map as of now. We can expect this to be supported in the near future.

Thanks,

Deepika.

Thanks,
Deepika.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google your question before posting. If someone's post answers your question, mark the post as answer with "Accept as solution". If you see a particularly good and informative post, consider giving it Kudos (the star on the left)
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi,
As pointed by deepika, Windows 8 is not supported. 

Windows 8 is planned to have "Limited Support" for 2013.1. Xilnx cant assure that we will resolve every issue , but we will stlil support problems that arise, and the idea is to document any problems that do arise. Full support to windows 8 will depend upon the customer OS adaption.

Regards,
Vishal
0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@pratnala wrote:

I'm on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Why oh why?

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor pratnala
Visitor

Well, that's my choice. Just because you hate Windows 8 doesn't mean everyone hates it.

0 Kudos
Historian
Historian

@pratnala wrote:

Well, that's my choice. Just because you hate Windows 8 doesn't mean everyone hates it.

If my job depended on running a particular software tool (and it does), then I wouldn't fsck around with trying to run that tool on an unsupported operating system. 

Just sayin'.

----------------------------Yes, I do this for a living.
0 Kudos
Visitor pratnala
Visitor

If your job depends on it fine, continue with whatever works for you. I'm not denying that. I'm just a student on this side and anyways I installed Windows 7 on a VHD for Xilinx.

0 Kudos
Observer nachum
Observer

For everyone trying to use Xilinx ISE 14.5 in Windows 8 x64. Rename libPortability.dll to libPortability.dll.orig, and copy libPortabilityNOSH.dll to libPortability.dll.

Do this in:

C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\ISE\lib\nt64

C:\Xilinx\14.5\ISE_DS\common\lib\nt64 (copy dll from first location)

This turns off SmartHeap.

This will fix ISE and iMPACT crashes on file dialogs.

Nachum

This information was found from another thread, thank you howardp from Xilinx in this thread:

http://forums.xilinx.com/xlnx/board/crawl_message?board.id=DEENBD&message.id=1732

Tags (3)
0 Kudos